Wednesday 8 October 2014

Bruno Mars album cover- Doo-Wops and Hooligans

In the next comuter activity to practice for our digipack we had to recreate the following image of a Bruno Mars album cover- Doo-Wops and Hooligans:


The following image is my recreation of the original:
Since the beginning of the year, I have already noticed significant changes in the way I use Coral Paint and Coral Draw. Since the beginning of September, I have become much more familiar with the features within the software, such as the different tools and the number of different ways one can edit a picture. I feel much more comfortable using Coral Paint and no longer need much assistance from the teacher.


Firstly, we had to make two squares, the main bright yellow one, and there is a lighter baige colour as the boarder. In order to make it as a perfect square at the right size, I had to adjust the width and height to 125mm each. After I dragged the original onto the software so I could compare throughout the editing. We used the eyedropper tool to get the exact same colour as the original, by dragging the colour from the bottom right. 

Next, we had to make the pathway. I used coral draw in order for me to draw the rough outline of the path, and then we were able to adjust any lines with the shape tool. I could then smooth out the edges by double clicking on what I had done so far and fill in the colour. 



Moreover, I then dragged the Bruno Mars image, got rid of the background using the magi tool and the rubber tool.
Next I dragged the plane and moon into the software and also got rid of the backgrounds in these by using the same technique.




Finally I added the text and tried to choose a similar font to the original. 


No comments:

Post a Comment