Tuesday 16 December 2014

Digipack front cover: choices

For the digipack front cover I gained inspiration from The Strokes with separate images of the band members but lining them up with each other with the name of the artist on the top and the album name on the bottom. 


The 3 pictures of Rodrigo, Serge and Tristain I could work with and have chosen the best pictures for it. However the lead singer, Bennie, I edited 3 photos I took of him and put each one in the missing gap to see which one suited best. 

Choice 1: The following picture I liked because it was easy to fit in the theme of using half of their face and the pose Bennie made was a good fit. However there were a few negatives and issues in the photo. For example. in the original photo he was very pale to the rest of the band members so I edited him to make him look more tanned like the rest of the band. Also, the picture was taken in another location therefore the plain background differs from the rest of the pictures, looking out of place. 




Choice 2: this following picture suits in more to the rest of them as it was shot on the same location in the Graffiti Tunnel, and the contrast looked much better. Originally I wasnt sure whether I liked the scream for the front cover. The advantages of this photo is that he stands out from the rest of them; which is good because he is the lead singer and is the main actor in our music video. Also, the picture of Bennie screaming will help the album stand out to the rest of their competitors on shelves as it is eye catching.


 

Choice 3: The following picture I would still have to edit to make him look brighter, however I believe it will not be the best picture as the background is the same as the others with the white circle and it looks too similar. Whereas choice 2 had a different graffiti background therefore making it easier on the eye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment